1. Ditch the Coffee - Unfortunately, everyone’s favourite day time tipple could make stress & anxiety symptoms worse. Opt for healthier, natural alternatives such as matcha instead. The combination of L-Theanine and Caffeine in Matcha, gives you a gentle and calming energy boost, rather than the jittery energy spike of coffee.
2. Include Omega 3 & Omega 6 into your diet – These fatty acids perform vital functions in the structuring of brain cells (or neurons), ensuring smooth communication within the brain and are vital for your mental health, concentration and memory. Include foods like walnuts, flaxseed, algae based Omega 3 supplements into your diet to ensure a healthy balance of Omega 3 & Omega 6.
3. Take grandma’s advice and eat your greens - Green leafy vegetables like spinach contain folate, which produces dopamine, a pleasure-inducing brain chemical, helping you keep calm. Make sure you plate up such folate rich foods like broccoli, asparagus, spinach, avocado and brussels sprouts.
4. Don’t underestimate the power of berries– Stress compromises your immune function. The antioxidants and phytonutrients found in berries fight in your defence, helping improve your body & response to stress and fight stress-related free radicals.
5. Biohack your body with nature’s smartest herbs “Adaptogens” - Adaptogens are nature's gift to us to combat the silent killer called stress. Adaptogens are like GPS of your body - they have the ability to detect where you are out of balance in your body and mind and then bring you back to homeostasis or the state of balance.